Skip to main content

Prayers when the Church doors are closed


On his blog, Clergy Confidential, Fr. Tim shares The Top 10 Reasons to Attend Online Church . . . and reason 11 is that there is no collection! However, churches still need funds, so please send in those donations.
Piper and Janie sleeping through the online sermon and all the other boring parts of life -
On a more serious note, as someone who can almost never attend a real, physical church, I offer these two prayers:

Prayers taken from the A Form of Spiritual Communion of the Diocese of Malaita of the Anglican Communion are as follows:
In union, O Dear Lord, with the faithful at every Altar of Thy Church, where Thy blessed Body and Blood are being offered to the Father, I desire to offer Thee praise and thanksgiving. I present to Thee my soul and body, with the earnest wish that I may ever be united to Thee. And since I cannot now receive Thee sacramentally, I beseech Thee to come spiritually into my heart. I unite myself to Thee, and embrace Thee with all the affections of my soul. O let nothing ever separate me from Thee. Let me live and die in Thy love. Amen.

Grant, O Lord Jesus Christ, that as the hem of Thy garment, touched in faith, healed the woman who could not touch Thy Body, so the soul of Thy servant may be healed by like faith in Thee, Whom I cannot now sacramentally receive; through Thy tender mercy, Who livest and reignest with the Father in the unity of the Holy Ghost ever one God. Amen.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wish List Wednesday

Yes, here we are to Wednesday again, the best day for wishes, so Sister Mary asked me to write about our  Wish List . Canned cat food is right at the top of things we really need this week, and then paper towels, and horse treats (horse treats are not really a NEED, but the horses think they are, and we like to keep them happy!). Thank you for thinking of us. Love, Gus PS Sister Mary did not give me a puzzle for this message . . . please let us know if you want to have puzzles in the blog - I think they are a fun break to my reading and writing and sleeping and eating and playing, but I wonder if anyone else likes them too?

Good Morning!

Yum, yum - time for breakfast! And the sun is coming up, too! All of us - even the chickens - hope you are having a wonderful day.  

Baby chicks and diamonds in the tree

Our Board member Aimee Lauer brought four little chicks this morning - they were rescued from Craig's List. As far as we can tell, two Easter Eggers and two Legbars. This weekend is a strange mixture of weather - rain, wind, and sometimes moments of sun. The  sunlight in the tree  this morning made the wet leaves and branches look as though they were decorated with diamonds. We are hoping and praying that Hurricane Florence will miraculously weaken, although current maps show East Coast landfall and predictions are that the storm may be a category 4. Stay tuned . . .